PDF version available here.
Protecting Your personal information and respecting your choices are MOBILE DEVICES’s priority.
1. General Information
2. Data collection
Upon Your prior consent, Mobile Devices collects personal data that concerns You (collectively the “Data”) necessary for Mobiles Devices to (i) perform its obligations with You (e.g. to deliver the Products and/or Services you have purchased on the Site or within the Products); (ii) provide You with Services You have asked for (e.g. to send You the Newsletter) and (iii) comply with legal requirements (e.g. invoicing). Such collection is described hereunder.
Please note that if You do not provide the Data, this may affect the purchase of Products and the delivery of Services that Mobile Devices can provide.
Such data is collected in order for Mobile Devices:
- To deliver targeted advertising. You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the function available on our website (where applicable), or in Your browser settings. For opting out of targeted advertising on social media platforms, please visit the relevant social media platform to explore the options they may provide.
- To tailor Mobile Devices services for You, notably:
- to show You recommendations, marketing, or content based on your profile and interests;
- display the Site in a tailored way, for example, show You Products we think You might like.
- To allow the Site to function properly, that is to:
- ensure the proper display of content;
- create and remember Your shopping cart;
- create and remember Your account login details;
- interface personalisation, such as language, or any user-interface customisation (i.e. parameters attached to Your device including your screen resolution or font preference), etc.; and/or
- improve the Site functionalities.
- To ensure the Site is secure and safe, and to protect You against fraud or misuse of the Site, for example through performing troubleshooting;
- To run statistics about the visitors habits.
2.2. Creation of an account on the Site and Purchases. When You purchase Products on the Site, You need to create an account on the Site for Mobile Devices to process Your purchase request. This will require Mobile Devices to collect Data about You which include Your first name and surname, Your email address; Your postal address; Your phone number; Your personal description or preferences; Your transaction information including purchased Products; Your payment and information; and/or Your Purchase history.
Such Data is collected in order for Mobile Devices to:
- Manage Your orders including delivering the Product to the address You indicated;
- Manage payments for the Products and secure your transactions against fraud. Please note that Your payment information (credit card number/Paypal/bank account details) are not collected by Mobile Devices, but by secure payment service providers and that Mobile Devices may use a third party provider’s solution to detect fraud and make sure that payment is completed;
- Manage any contact You have with Mobile Devices about Your order, purchase and/or use of the Products;
- Add Your transaction to Your profile to understand Your interests and preferences and you will see a record of your transactions on the Site within Your account (where applicable);
- Manage any dispute relating to a purchase; and/or
- Run analytics or collect statistics.
2.3. Subscription to the Newsletter. When subscribing to the Newsletter, Mobile Devices will collect Your Data which shall include Your first name and surname and Your email address. Such Data is collected in order for Mobile Devices to:
- Send you marketing communications (where you have asked Mobile Devices to) which may be specific to Your preferences based on the Data collected through the Site and/or Your account.
2.4. Subscription to the Services. When subscribing to the Services within the Products and/or the Site, Mobile Devices will collect Your Data which shall include Your first name and surname, Your email address, Your VIN, Your grey card, Your GPS localization and Your bank details. Such Data is collected in order for Mobile Devices to:
- Manage Your preferences and Your use of the Services as You have selected within the Product;
- Supply the Services to You;
- Manage payments for the Services. Please note that Your payment information (credit card number/Paypal/bank account details) are not collected by Mobile Devices, but by secure payment service providers;
- Manage any contact You have with Mobile Devices about Your use of the Services which might be transferred to Mobile Devices’ trusted partner if Your question relates to support questions ;
- Manage any dispute relating to the Services our Your purchase of a Service; and/or
- Run analytics or collect statistics.
3. Third party websites and/or application
4. Data transfer
4.2. Trusted Partners. MOBILE DEVICES also may share the Data with trusted partners notably as follows :
- Third parties required to deliver a Product to You e.g. postal/delivery services;
- Advertising, marketing, digital and social media agencies to help Mobile Devices to deliver advertising, marketing, and campaigns, to analyse their effectiveness, and to manage Your contact and questions;
- Third parties that assist and help Mobile Devices in providing IT services, such as platform providers, hosting services, maintenance and support on Mobile Devices databases as well as on Mobile Devices software and applications and regarding the supply of the Services;
- Payment service providers and credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing Your credit score and verifying Your details where this is a condition of entering into a contract with You;
- Third Parties that may analyse Your GPS Data.
4.3. Legal disclosures. MOBILE DEVICES may disclose the Data, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on MOBILE DEVICES; (b) protect and defend the rights and/or property of MOBILE DEVICES; (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of MOBILE DEVICES and/or or the public and (d) as necessary to perform the Services requested by You.
5. Security and storage of the Data
MOBILE DEVICES secures the Data from unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure by unauthorized third parties and ensures that will take all appropriate measures to limit the risk that it may be lost, damaged or misused.
Data is stored on secured third party servers in the European Union. The Data is kept only as long as necessary for the purposes set out above according to criteria which include the purpose for which Mobile Devices holds the Data, its legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. financial reporting obligations), active/inactive accounts, specific requests. Upon termination of such purposes, Data is anonymized and kept only for statistical and evidence purposes and shall not be used for any other reason. Once such period is expired, the Data is destroyed.
6. Your rights
You are entitled to access, rectify, object to a processing, correct, and/or ask for the portability or deletion of Your Data, and/or restriction of use, deactivation of cookies and withdrawal of Your consent for a Data processing at any time.
You can exercise such rights by doing so via Your personal settings and account information and/or by sending an e-mail to MOBILE DEVICES’ data protection officer (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by sending a letter to the following address: MOBILE DEVICES, 100, Avenue de Stalingrad 94800 Villejuif, France.
Please note that such exercise of rights might be limited for the purpose of the provision of the Services and/or in order for Mobile Devices to ensure its compliancy to applicable laws regarding book keeping and evidence recording for example. Mobile Devices will inform You if the case maybe.
You have the right to contact the data protection authority of your country in order to lodge a complaint against our data protection and privacy practices.